Friday, August 19, 2005

Sssssssspooooorrrrrrrrrtttttttttsssssss

Lots of good stuff today, but not much time. We fill in for Norm 10-12, and then do our own show, so I got to go. Party on, Wayne.

FAILED: Jacob Rogers out for the season ?!?!? …How can this be? I thought his MRI showed nothing? I am confused…

Mavs sign Christie, Diop …Press Conference at 10:30 am…



CHECK THIS OUT: Roto Authority Names Names


Here at The Roto Authority, we're not prone to throwing around unsubstantiated steroid rumors. Oh wait, we are prone to that. At any rate, we have some juicy new tidbits for you to chew on.

You'd probably like a source, right? Well all we've got at the moment is the Bull Pen Forum over at RotoJunkie. Nonetheless, we've got to put it out there.

The conjecture is that Johnny Damon and Roger Clemens have tested positive for steroids. Is this at all reasonable?


Now that would rock my baseball world. Especially Clemens…

Surprise, Surprise: CJ Wilson still sucks, Rangers lose

Moss shocks the world, admits to smoking weed


Randy Moss admits he has used marijuana since entering the NFL seven years ago and still smokes it "every blue moon."

"I have used, you know, marijuana ... since I've been in the league," Moss said in an interview for HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" scheduled to air Tuesday night. "But as far as abusing it and, you know, letting it take control over me, I don't do that, no."

When pressed whether he still smokes marijuana, the star receiver with the checkered past said: "I might. I might have fun. And, you know, hopefully ... I won't get into any trouble by the NFL by saying that, you know. I have had fun throughout my years and, you know, predominantly in the offseason.

------------------

Moss's agent, Dante DiTrapano, said HBO was trying to intentionally damage the player's reputation. He said Moss was talking about past use in the interview.

"In an attempt to promote their dying network , they have maliciously couched his remarks in a manner that is confusing and leaves room for negative interpretation," DiTrapano told The Associated Press. "Randy is not in the NFL substance abuse program and has complied with all urinalysis required by the league, the team, insurance companies, endorsers, etc."


Moss’ agent said HBO was a dying network! What an idiot!

Sports Guy on Summer of Gooden



Suns fans: email Finley! ….



Here's your chance to help the Suns recruit a big-name free-agent. Just fill out the e-mail form below with your comments for Mike and let him know why you want to see him in a Suns uniform again. Share some of your favorite Finley memories. Tell him why you think he would make a difference, as the Suns chase after their first NBA Championship. Pour your heart out. Beg if you have to. All of your e-mails will be printed out and delivered to Michael's agent.





Snoop center of little league controversy


To hear Xavier tell it, blame falls squarely on the youth football league's most famous and controversial former coach.

"I'm mad at Coach Snoop," he says. "He was so cool; he told me to play my heart out and to play everything I've got. But now I just want to ask him, why did he take all our players?"

Walking with Xavier toward the parking lot, parents and coaches describe rapper Snoop Dogg as a modern-day Pied Piper luring football players with his song "Drop It Like It's Hot" blasting from a school bus pimped out with enough bass, TV screens and gadgetry to persuade any kid to sell out the old for the new.

Snoop rocked the youth football world two years ago when he volunteered as a Rowland Raiders "daddy coach," and then again last month when he broke from the franchise to start his own conference. The Raiders aren't the only team in the Orange County Junior All-American Football Conference to feel the screws; Long Beach and Compton teams, also in competition with Snoop's new league, report similar hemorrhaging.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damon- I'd love to see a Boston or NY guy get busted.

Clemens- Sad Sad day for the state of Texas, and goodbye any talk of Cy Young

I think I am moving to Greggo's camp... "Every single one of them is guilty until they prove otherwise"

I so hope the baseball owners do something to break the union or that Congress will come in and throw down a SERIOUS drug policy that all sports will have to follow. Personally I would rather watch more average looking guys play a more average game than watch Bondslike godzilla people shatter records left and right. It makes me feel closer to the game and players if they seem more like regular guys.

Anonymous said...

Props Bob on the early morning Blogging

Anonymous said...

Players using Steroids? I Don't care.

I know I should and maybe I would if it was one of my kids, but as far as grown men go, they can do what they want.

The Musers are totally whipping BaD Radio this morning. Big Mac v Hasen....hilarious. Good Gawd, how about Hansen's Ego v Big Mac's Ego....that would make for good pay-per-view.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I second the Props to Bob for the early morning Blogging.

Anonymous said...

I would like to go on the record Senators that I too agree with the real Big Mac that Tiger was the better man for leaving the PGA on Sunday so that on Monday, he couldn't be used as the network's ratings "Monkey".

I hate the P1

Anonymous said...

BaD Radio from 10 - 3? Does that leave more room for EPL talk?

BotoxDiaries said...

That Snoopdog picture CRACKED me up. Good one Bob!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob,

Did you catch the BaD radio dogpile during the Musers Emergency Brake of the Week segment?

What a bunch of Homos.

SAMO said...

Sterm,

10-12 and your normal scheduled time as well! Where does the energy come from...roids?

Anonymous said...

bob,
i will be the lone supporter of your action at the chilis parking lot. it is the manager's responsbility b/c it's his establishment. it would have been wrong if you did nothing, but you did tell the manager, and he could have confronted the man who did the hitting...