Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I might be high, but...

I really am starting to think there will be hockey.

Reason #1: The NHLPA has accepted a Cap ...

Reason #2: All of this big talk about a Wednesday press conference is just that. If they were going to cancel the season, they could cancel it. They don't need to leave another 48 hour loop-hole. This is the old "I will tell you one more time to behave or else"...

Reason #3: They can't be this dumb...Well, Bettman is. And so is Hicks. But everyone else is not that dumb, right?

It may be a mockery of a season, but it beats the alternative...They will play, I think.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I hope they will play, too. But I cannot underestimate the NHL and NHLPA's ability to disappoint, yet again.

They will figure something out. (Whether it's the 04/05 or 05/06 season is anyone's guess.) I just want them to do something about those ticket prices!!! I could *fly* somewhere for what a pair of cheap seats cost!!! (The league is working on their relationship with the players - fine. Once that's done, they'd better get serious about their relationship with the fans!)

Anonymous said...

that lee corso interview was priceless

Anonymous said...

E-BRAKE WINNER!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's $42.5 Million cap take it or leave it and they have until 10AM CT tomorrow to give Bettman their answer. The NHLPA had better take it because it's the best offer they're ever going to get. Otherwise, the greedy fools can just hang out in the UHL for $1,000 a week or whatever that league pays and see how great that is instead...

Anonymous said...

Holy crap - tensest radio EVER! Let's play who's the a-hole!! Lee Corso or Dan???

LEE CORSO!!

Anonymous said...

I want no part of a sham season. I could not in good conscience be happy and brag (as is my habit) about a Stanley Cup win this year...not that the Habs have a chance in Hell anyway.

The whole affair sickens me and I want the whole damn thing shut down.